Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween is so ON!

After a very productive day of collecting checks from various clients, running to several banks for encashment, paying the school tuition (finally!), and having a good amount of change left  --I have decided that we can actually go to some halloween event this weekend!  The question now is which one?
Bonifacio High Street's Spooktacular Halloween looks interesting --simply because it's an event for the whole family.  Including Alpha!  Everyone gets to go in costumes to some rather passive activities like mask making and coloring and photoboothing.  Yeah, it's not anything my kids will go crazy for.  The only upside is the pet-friendly thing.
Cartoon Network's Spooooky-fun Halloween Party proves to be an interesting bid, too.  It will have 'fun treats and activities', and it's cheap.  This event is a little vague on the activities though.  They only mentioned the presence of their bankable network stars like Chowder, Flapjack, and Ben 10.  Uh, I don't like surprises.
And let's not forget that my boys are coming as Nickelodeon's Avatar characters.  We wouldn't want a public flogging from the competing network, right?  Haha!
So it looks like Nickelodeon Scarenival is still our best bet!  Fun, active activities, ghastly gallery, Spongebob and Patrick, a little pricey but you get toys in the process so it can be a win-win situation if you try and not be a Scrooge about it.

But, as you would have it, event tickets have already run out at the nearest mall.  According to the dweeb I talked to, I can still score tickets at the venue itself so we'll see.  What scares me really is if tickets have run out in our city, than can only mean a massive turn out come Scarenival Day.  Lots of people means lots of panic on my part.  One of my boys can get trampled in the mob of children, or they can get kidnapped!  Yes, I watch a lot of Criminal Minds, sue me.

Anyway, being the better-safe-than-sorry mom, I shall be making a very long phonecall to the venue within the day to make sure things will go according to my expectations tomorrow.  Gawd, if roles were reversed, I wouldn't be able to stand myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment