Saturday, August 21, 2010

In Praise of the Paper Plane


I don't usually blog about my shopping finds, but I'm starting with this one.  It was one heck of a juicy steal! 
For only P145.00 at National Bookstore, in the deep recesses of stacked up paperbacks and hardbacks, I discovered The Last Airbender ...uh... Sky Riders craft book.
What's neat about it is that it brought back the simple joy-joy that is the paper plane.  Or, if you want to go a little deeper than that --it introduced the beautiful art of origami to my children.


It came with easy-to-follow instructions which made my kids appreciate craftsmanship and detail.


Activity pages and fun stickers which tickled my boys' thinking caps.


A puzzle that became a bedroom poster once completed.


And, absolute triumph as soon as they've finished 10 paper planes in a variety of designs and an assortment of flight patterns.
I guess there was happiness in flying these planes and watching the dog go insane, but that's purely my boys' shtick.
All in all, I think it's awesome that the paper plane made a comeback in their lives ...and in an airbending way!  Once in a while, it's refreshing to just drop the DS and create something with your hands, with your kids.  Instant Family Project Weekend!  And this time, I didn't even have to think.  Woot for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment