Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Summer Camp Trap

Destiny is one mean kidder. 
I wasn't looking for a robotics summer program for Miro this year because I don't have the money for it.  And guess what --the thing presented itself to me!  And guess what part 2, it's P4500.  A fee I could've easily afforded last year when I still had a freakin job!

But that's not all.  Destiny...she kids me a second time. 
I was looking for a soccer summer camp for Kenji and got hold of 2 options.  Option one is cheap.  Option 2 is P5400 for a longer camp schedule, under a more reputable coach, with cooler-looking uniforms, with a swanky tournament at the end of the program...AND...it's just a block away from Miro's robotics venue if I'll ever get to enroll him there!
Again, had this opportunity been flung at me at the time when I was still earning real money, I would've easily jumped on it like a piranha to a fisherman's toe.  But Destiny has a score to settle with me so she's giving me a little grief.
I honestly don't know what to do.  How important is it to make your children happy? Would Destiny know the answer to that?

No comments:

Post a Comment