Thursday, March 18, 2010

Tame Thy Tantrum

So one day I was having my usual beat-down battle with the stupid, totally uncooperative remote when I accidentally clicked on this channel we never used to go to before. It's Baby TV.  
Well, sure, we never go there. I don't have babies. I have monsters running the household like it's their right to do so and then they tell me I'm being unfair with all my house rules and 'no more new toys' threats!  
But I digress. This Baby TV is somewhat ...magical, to say the least.
You all know how hyper Kenji can be, right? Amazingly, Baby TV tames the wild beast. I don't know how it does it. I mean, it's just like a super, 24/7 extended 5 Minutes More thing. But it's got Kenji glued to every freakin' show on this cable channel and calms him for a super extended period of time. It's like some kind of hypnotic, drug thing. But not in a creepy Yo Gabba Gabba manner. It's got great songs, cool animation, and educational clips to boot. It's even got good storylines. Unlike that friggin' Yo Gabba Gabba crap. Yes, my beef with that show is way too personal.  
At night time, the fun shows are replaced with smooth kaleidoscope sequences that fill the screen as lullabies are played one after the other. I'm telling you --after a couple of kaleidoscope swirls and fish-swimming cycles, my hyper boy falls fast asleep. Like he was zonked on the head --like I usually do. Haha, I'm kidding of course!  
I'm pretty sure you know Baby TV already. But I just did and I am pretty amazed. It's a great toddler-handler, tantrum-tamer (or in my case, wild boy-soother), and he learns from it, too. If you haven't checked it out yet, make sure you do.  


*This is not paid advertisement. I am a mother and I am impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment