I’m all for mixing Halloween treats with healthy eats. So my personal choice of candy-to-cake resuscitation is the Butterfinger Banana Cake. Easy and fun to make, the kids can even join in.
· 18 1/4 ounces package yellow cake mix
· 2 medium, ripe bananas, mashed
· 3 NESTLE BUTTERFINGER Candy Bar, chopped, and divided
· 16 ounces container prepared white frosting
· Preheat the oven to 350° F.
· Grease and flour a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
· Prepare your cake mix batter according to package directions
· Stir in a banana and 3/4 cup of chopped Butterfinger. Pour the mixture into your prepared pan.
· Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until the wooden pick you insert in center comes out clean.
· Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
· Have your kids frost the cake with their own brand of creativity and sprinkle with the remaining chopped Butterfinger.
· Lick your lips and serve!
The good thing with this candy-to-cake brainchild is that you can experiment with a variety of sweets and fruits combos. I’ve tried an M&M Cherries Cake, a Reese’s Lemon Cake, a Kitkat Pineapple Cake. The possibilities are endless! And Halloween never really ends.