Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Rurouni Kenshin. Fangirling. On.

Now how do I say this without suffering a heart attack?

SAMURAI X HAS A LIVE ACTION MOVIE AND IT'S SHOWING HERE IN OCTOBER!!!!

Ok, that wasn't so bad.

Background to the madness:  My entire childhood was set against the colorful and chaotic backdrop of anime.  Aside from having mild crushes on Mark Gordon of Voltes V and Richard of Daimos, I've always had a thing for Kenshin Himura of Samurai X.  I even named our youngest son after his son, Kenji.  Obsessed much?!!

And now, I'll get to see the live action movie on the big screen!

Now, don't get me wrong.  I'm still that skeptic movie goer who's just so sure that any movie translation of a finely crafted cartoon series will fall flat on its realistic face.

But after seeing Rurouni Kenshin's official trailer, I'm having positive second thoughts.  The casting is flawless!  The action is superb!  Oh, and don't get me started on the soundtrack!  More importantly, the darkness that is Kenshin is so there!

Whew, so many exclams.  Let me drag myself back to earth.  SM Cinema has pegged October 17, 2012 as the epic movie's break date on Philippine soil.  Oh.My.God.  If I were in my right critiquing mind, I would demand for English subtitles.  But right now, I'll be happy with the pure Japanese version.  That's how giddily fangirling I am!


PS.  Right mind coming back on:  They better not dub this in Tagalog.  Thank you.


UPDATE:  After much a-do, Rurouni Kenshin is finally showing on Philippine soil on December 5, 2012.  Early Christmas, for realz!

No comments:

Post a Comment